Last Updated on
Increase your daily vegetable intake with these easy and fluffy scrambled eggs with veggies. This scrambled egg recipe is ready in just 10 minutes – perfect for busy mornings. This is the best way to enjoy scrambled eggs – loaded with veggies, a sprinkle of cheese and full of flavour.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THIS POST IS FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE.
When it comes to the most repeated recipes in our house, pizza-style scrambled eggs are probably at the top of the list. It’s a rare day that we don’t have a cooked breakfast, and more often than not that involves eggs.
I like to try and sneak in my first serve of vegetables for the day with breakfast, and adding them to my eggs is the easiest way. My first choice is always red capsicum / bell pepper and mushrooms, with a little onion for extra flavour. These veggies combined with cheese reminds me of pizza – and that’s how the name “pizza-style scrambled eggs” came about.
I suppose I should have just called them veggie scrambled eggs, but I named them long before I realised you needed to name your recipes something people will search for so here we are 😉
EASY SCRAMBLED EGGS INGREDIENTS LIST
I bet most of you will already have all the ingredients to whip these eggs up right now! Here’s what you need:
- Garlic Powder
- Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- Tabasco Sauce
This recipe lends itself well to variations, so feel free to experiment by adding different veggies to the mix, or even some pepperoni or ham. You can also simply omit cheese to make these eggs Whole30 or Paleo compliant.
Scrambled eggs are so very easy to get so very wrong. Cook them too high or for too long, and you’ll wind up with a rubbery mess to the point of being inedible. Whisk them insufficiently, and the white and the yolk don’t fully blend together, leaving you with uneven eggs. And whisk your eggs too early before you pop them in the pan and you’ll lose the fluffiness.
But never fear – with these 3 simple tips you’ll nail your scrambled eggs every time.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT SCRAMBLED EGGS
- Add a dash of milk – For years I’ve tried making scrambled eggs in all different ways, following all the expert tips, but they just are never as good without a dash of milk.
- Whisk well – I recommend using a blender on LOW for 3-4 seconds until the mixture is uniform and slightly frothy. If you have a blender with a cup attachment, use that. It’s much easier to clean than the jug attachment! But if you don’t have a blender, just be sure to whisk well in a bowl. Also – whisk right before putting them in the frypan for super fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Cooking fat – Cook in ghee or butter. They add moisture during cooking to keep the eggs silky.
- Cook LOW and SLOW. Pop your frypan on the lowest temperature and stir your eggs until small curds form. You’ll be tempted to turn up the heat but DON’T! When the eggs look silky and also slightly runny and underdone, then remove the pan from the heat. The heat of the pan will continue to cook the eggs until they are done.
I have no doubt that these easy scrambled eggs with veggies will become a favourite in your home as they have in ours. As with anything, the art of cooking perfect scrambled eggs is mastered with practice. But with these tips, you’ll already be there. Having said that… when your eggs taste this good, you’ll still want to practice every day!
MORE TASTY BREAKFAST RECIPE INSPIRATION:
- Easy Stovetop Banana Oatmeal
- Healthy Homemade Granola
- Sweet Potato Rosti
- Healthy Banana Pancakes
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 25 Quick and Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- OR see all Breakfast Recipes
If you’ve tried these Easy Scrambled Eggs with Veggies I’d love to hear how you enjoyed them! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 4 Eggs
- Dash of Milk
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Dash of Tabasco Sauce, sub for preferred hot sauce
- 1/4 Brown Onion, diced
- 2 White Mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ tbsp Ghee or Butter
- 1/4 cup Grated Cheese, I use tasty
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Heat ghee/butter in frypan on low heat.
- Place onion, capsicum / bell pepper and mushroom into frypan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl with milk, tabasco and garlic powder OR place all ingredients in a cup blender and process on low for 3-4 seconds until ingredients are uniform and frothy.
- Add egg mixture to the frypan and sprinkle cheese on top. As the eggs begin to set, use a heatproof spatula and gently move it across the bottom of the frypan and from side to side, allowing curds to form.
- When the eggs look silky and also slightly runny and underdone, then remove the pan from the heat. The heat of the pan will continue to cook the eggs until they are done.
- Serve immediately and season with salt and pepper.
ADD A DASH OF MILK - For years I've tried making scrambled eggs in all different ways, following all the expert tips, but they just are never as good without a dash of milk.
WHIP IT GOOD: If you have a blender with a cup attachment, use it to whisk the eggs. They are more uniform and much more creamier than when whisked by hand.
CHOOSE YOUR FAT: Cook in ghee or butter. It's always better than oil when eggs are concerned.
LOW AND SLOW: Scrambled eggs are best when cooked slowly on low heat. Yes, they take a little longer, but they don't dry out and it's always worth the extra effort.
SOME LIKE IT HOT: I find that adding a few drops of tabasco sauce to the eggs before whipping adds flavour without burning my mouth. Feel free to omit if you don't like spicy, or substitute for another hot sauce.
More protein - try adding ham or pepperoni.
Mix up the veggies - spinach and tomato would be a great addition.
To make Paleo / Whole30: Use ghee & omit cheese.
UPDATE: Recipe was first published March 7, 2017. It was last updated on November 28, 2018 - no changes to the recipe, just updated photos & tips and tricks.
NUTRITION - Nutrition information is an estimate based on one serving without toast.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 228Carbohydrates: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
★★ Have you made this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!