This Easy Stovetop Banana Oatmeal is ready in 10 minutes, making it perfect for weekday mornings when you need a delicious breakfast is a flash. It's naturally sweetened with banana and is Vegan friendly.
I think I might have a banana addiction. I just can't quit it. I'm not entirely sure that there is a more perfect fruit out there. Not only does it taste great on it's own, but it lends itself so well to recipes as a natural sweetener. And once I added it to oatmeal I could never go back to my old tasteless porridge that needed six tablespoons of sugar to remove the cardboard taste. NEVER!
My appreciation for banana oats is nothing new. I shared my banana maple steel cut oats recipe a year ago now and whilst they still hold a special place in my heart, they have one major problem - they take FOREVER to prepare. Dedicating 50 minutes to breakfast on a slow Sunday is easy. And you really should because they are delicious. But on a weekday, we need FAST - am I right? And that's where this Easy Stovetop Banana Oatmeal comes in.
In just ten minutes you'll have a delicious breakfast on the table that will be the envy of anyone sitting at a cafe eating their sad expensive avocado toast (sorry not sorry).
Now before we get to the recipe let's talk caramelised bananas - I say they are "optional" but they really aren't. Make the extra effort to slice up some damn bananas and caramelise them. You won't be sorry.
MORE BREAKFAST INSPIRATION:
- Healthy Overnight Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Banana Maple Steel Cut Oats
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Healthy Banana Pancakes
- OR see all Breakfast Recipes
If you’ve tried these Banana Oatmeal I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Caramelised Banana Topping (Optional)
- 1 banana, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp rice malt syrup / brown rice syrup
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup
- peanut butter
- fruit slices
To make the oats
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the liquid has absorbed and the oats are thick and fluffy.
- Serve as is, or with desired toppings
To make the caramelised banana topping
- Heat oil and rice malt syrup in a small skillet on medium heat and stir to combine. Add cinnamon and vanilla and stir to combine. The mixture should have a caramel-like consistency.
- Place banana rounds into the skillet and cook each side for a few minutes until soft and golden.
- Divide the caramelised rounds evenly over the two bowls of oats.
- Adapted from Pinch of Yum.
- Feel free to sub almond milk for whichever milk you prefer.
- Feel free to sub rice malt syrup for honey or maple syrup.
- Nutrition information is for one bowl without toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 325Carbohydrates: 48gFiber: 11gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g