This easy and healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding is great for a quick breakfast on the go or a late night chocolate fix. Mix the ingredients together and they’ll transform into a thick and creamy pudding overnight.
Chia puddings had a moment a few years back and then kind of fizzled away. I must admit I wasn’t a huge fan of the trend, mostly because I found plain chia puddings really boring. But these chocolate chia puddings were my only exception. They are damn delicious.
When it comes to these puddings, it’s all about the toppings. I’ve put a huge list of suggestions below but I highly recommend strawberry and banana slices with some dark chocolate chunks and coconut sprinkled over. It’s not the only way to enjoy these, but it is certainly my favourite.
Why you’ll love this recipe…
- Enough said right?
CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING INGREDIENTS LIST
I bet you already have most, if not all of these ingredients in your cupboard right now. Here’s what you’ll need (full measurements in the recipe card below)…
- Chia Seeds
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (or use sweetened, I won’t judge)
- Rice Malt Syrup / Brown Rice Syrup (or use maple or honey)
- Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDINGS – STEP BY STEP
Mix all the ingredients together in a jar or bowl (photos 1-2).
Cover and leave in the fridge overnight (or at least 6 hours).
To serve, portion the pudding evenly into two jars or glasses. Serve on it’s own (but why?) or with your choice of toppings (see the list below).
What to top your chocolate chia puddings with
Toppings really make these puddings. Choose a few of your favourites and mix it all up:
- Strawberry or Banana Slices
- Shredded Coconut
- Peanut Butter / Almond Butter (I’ve tried adding it to the pudding itself but preferred it being on top)
- Dark Chocolate Chunks / Chips
- Chopped Almonds or Walnuts
- Greek Yoghurt
Storing your puddings
Chia pudding can be made ahead. Simply store in an airtight container and leave in the fridge for up to 5 days.
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SNACK RECIPES:
- No Bake Chocolate Coconut Slice
- Healthy Chocolate Crackles
- No Bake Apricot Coconut Energy Bites
- Healthy Date Loaf
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- OR see all SNACKS
If you’ve tried these Chocolate Chia Puddings I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 4 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 cup Milk Whatever you like - cows, almond, coconut etc all work
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup / Brown Rice Syrup or use maple / honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract / Essence
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl or jar.
- Cover and leave in fridge overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- To serve, portion the pudding out evenly between two jars or glasses. Serve on it's own or with toppings - my favourites are strawberry and banana slices, dark chocolate chunks and shredded coconut.
- Full list of topping suggestions can be found above.
- To get a layered effect like in my recipe photos, simply fill a glass halfway with pudding, cover completely with banana slices, then top with more pudding.
- Nutrition information is from a nutrition calculator and is based on one serve.
★★ HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!