These soft and chewy homemade Apricot Muesli Bars are no-bake and super easy to prepare. Perfect for healthy school lunch snacks. They’re filled with good-for-your ingredients including rolled oats, dried apricots, cashews and chia seeds.
Chewy Apricot Muesli Bars remind me of my childhood. A very popular brand in Australia (you can probably guess who) had a muesli bar of the same name and I had one in my school lunch everyday.
So when I was trying to decide what flavour to make these muesli bars it really was a no brainer! I couldn’t wait to try and recreate it.
These bars are perfect for a lunchbox filler, especially if you’re worried about how much sugar is in traditional muesli bars.
Why you’ll love this recipe…
- Easy to prepare.
- No-bake – great for summer!
- Freezes well.
- Made from simple, everyday healthy ingredients.
CHEWY APRICOT MUESLI BARS INGREDIENTS LIST
Here’s what you’ll need to make these muesli bars (full measurements in recipe card below)…
- Rolled Oats
- Dried Apricots
- Raw Cashews
- Desiccated Coconut
- Chia Seeds
- Rice Malt Syrup / Brown Rice Syrup (can use honey or maple instead)
- Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE CHEWY APRICOT MUESLI BARS – STEP BY STEP
STORING YOUR MUESLI BARS
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SNACK RECIPES:
- No Bake Chocolate Coconut Slice
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Crackles
- Banana Coconut Muffins
- How to Make Stovetop Popcorn
- OR see all SNACKS
If you’ve tried this No Bake Chocolate Coconut Slice I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
No Bake Chewy Apricot Muesli Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats also known as old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup rice malt / brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricots coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Line a square pan or baking dish with baking / parchment paper.
- Place rolled oats, cashews, dried apricots, coconut, chia seeds and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Combine butter and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the top of the other ingredients in the mixing bowl, then mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the lined pan, ensuring there are no holes. Make sure the mixture is pressed together well (can press together with your hands) as this will ensure the muesli bars hold their shape once cut.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 2 hours, then cut into bars - I usually do 5 x 5 but you can modify to 4 x 4 if you like longer bars.