Last Updated on
How to make stovetop popcorn! Delicious and super simple! The perfect afternoon snack or for sharing on your next family movie night!
I may have mentioned before that when it comes to sweet vs savoury, I am savoury all the way. I could swear off chocolate for the rest of my life as long as I could still enjoy cheeses and dips and crackers and cured meats and POPCORN! Popcorn is one of my favourite snacks, and I love that it can be both a healthy and a naughty snack. Healthy if you cook it yourself and know what goes in it. Naughty if you buy a bucket of it at the cinemas and proceed to scoff the whole thing down yourself (guilty). Confession – I’ve just gone to the movies purely for the delicious buttery popcorn bucket before!
One of my favourite cinema’s makes their popcorn with olive oil and seriously – it is a whole new game. It doesn’t make you feel as full and bloated as the buttery kind, and it tastes divine! And the best part it – I can recreate it at home! Gone are the days of using microwave packets that are laden with ingredients I can’t even pronounce! Today, I’m going to teach you how to make hot, fresh and perfect popcorn on your stovetop!
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SNACK RECIPES:
- Spinach and Feta Pinwheels
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites
- No Bake Chewy Apricot Muesli Bars
- Banana Coconut Muffins
- OR see all Snack Recipes
If you’ve tried to make stovetop popcorn I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, EVOO
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the olive oil and one popcorn kernel in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Cover the saucepan and wait for the kernel to pop.
- Once popped, turn the heat down to medium-low, add rest of the kernels in and cover with the lid. Give the pot a swirl to cover all the kernels in oil.
- Shake the pot at regular intervals to ensure all the kernels are popping and none get burnt.
- When the popping stops (just like the microwave stuff), remove from heat, pour into a bowl, drizzle with the EVOO and salt and mix together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 284Saturated Fat: 2gSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 5gProtein: 4g