Do you love peanut butter? Do you love cookies? Do you wish peanut butter cookies could be healthier? If you answered HECK YES to these questions - these healthy peanut butter cookies are for you!
It's my birthday tomorrow so I thought we'd have some fun on today's post. Let's talk about real life celebrity sightings or encounters!
I have a few, and I can't pick "the best one" so I'm going to tell you them all.
1) On our very first trip to New York we were on the same flight as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and stood next to him at the baggage carousel. OK - I had no idea who he was and Adam pointed him out. But now I definitely know who he is. He played baseball, right?
2) On our second trip to New York a year later, we were on the same flight as Jason Derulo. Again, I didn't know it was him and Adam pointed him out. Now you have to understand here that my boyfriend is a heavy metal fan who claims pop music makes his ears bleed - and he recognised Jason Derulo!
3) The award for the closest I've been to a celebrity would have to be when I stood next to Amber Heard at the mirror in the ladies bathroom at a football game here in Australia and proceeded to pick food out of my teeth in front of her because, AGAIN, I didn't realise who she was! It wasn't until a while later when we met in the toilets again that I recognised her and was slightly mortified at my earlier behaviour haha. She is even more beautiful in real life and has such a lovely, down to earth presence.
Now I have zero photographic evidence of ANY of these sightings because I would have been too mortified to ask for a selfie and I'm not about taking sneaky pics BUT I happened to find a photo Amber Heard took while she was at the football game that has us in it! Yep - that's Adam and I in the bottom right hand corner! Too funny not to share - the back of Adam's head and my nose are practically famous now yeah?
What's the moral of these stories? Clearly that I am the worst celebrity spotter there ever was! Which means there is probably a bunch more I never realised! But for the three that I know of, I think I've got a bit of everything there. A sports star, a singer and an actress! Now tell me...
Have you spotted (or met) a celebrity in real life?
For those of you wondering what's all this got to do with Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies? Absolutely nothing. But it's almost my birthday and I'll do what I want too. And today, I want to hear your celebrity goss! So drop me a comment below and tell me your story!
Now that's out of the way, we can talk about these cookies. Because peanut butter is life, right?! I love using it in snack foods, like my no bake peanut butter oatmeal bites. But after growing a slight addiction to cookies of late, I decided to make it my mission to make a deliciously healthy peanut butter cookie. And this one takes the cake!
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
Do you love peanut butter?
Do you love chocolate chips?
Do you wish cookies could be healthier?
If you answered HECK YES to all three - well, these cookies are for YOU.
This recipe is a one bowl wonder and you could seriously make these right now and enjoy them in 15 minutes time. Ok 20, if you include pre-heating the oven. You got me.
You can use the extra 5 to tell me your celebrity story... Now go... go go go!
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SNACK RECIPES:
- Spinach and Feta Pinwheels
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Strawberry Pineapple Popsicles
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites
- No Bake Chewy Apricot Muesli Bars
- Banana Coconut Muffins
- OR see all Snack Recipes
If you’ve tried these Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 4 tbsp natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup / brown rice syrup
- 3 tbsp LSA mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips, I used dairy-free
- 1 pinch salt, Only use if your PB isn't salted
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F and line baking tray with baking paper
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on baking tray. Flatten with the back off a fork.
- Place tray into oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes (if you can wait that long)
- Adapted from Pheebs Foods
- If you use salted peanut butter don't add anymore salt!
- Can sub rice malt syrup for honey or maple syrup.
- Can sub LSA mix for plain almond meal.
- Nutrition information is for one cookie.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 97Carbohydrates: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g