Last Updated on
This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Feta Salad makes a perfect weeknight dinner. It’s ready in 30 minutes, it’s filled with all the good stuff (read: veggies) and it’s so tasty you’ll want to make friends with salad!
Easter is officially over and I for one am glad! We hit the eggs and hot cross buns hard in our house and now I’m ready to eat ALL THE VEGGIES! Starting with this Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Feta Salad. This salad is a clean out the vegetable crisper special but it just worked so well I knew I had to share it with you guys ASAP!
If you’ve been following me for awhile you know that sweet potato is my most beloved vegetable, and it’s the star ingredient in many reader favourites, like my Sweet Potato, Lentil & Chickpea Curry and Vegetarian Sweet Potato Nachos. And believe me, this powerhouse salad is right up there with them
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SALAD RECIPES:
- 35 Easy and Yummy Salad Recipes
- Middle Eastern Bean Salad
- Easy Greek Salad
- Roast Pumpkin, Spinach and Feta Salad
- Cabbage and Crunchy Noodle Salad
- OR see all Salad Recipes
If you’ve tried this Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Feta Salad I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 1 Sweet Potato, Diced
- 10 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- Handful Mixed Lettuce
- 200 grams / 7 oz Chickpeas, See notes
- 50 grams / 1.7 oz Feta Cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
Chickpea Spice Mix
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Sweet Potato Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F & line baking tray with baking paper
- Place sweet potato in a bowl and cover with sweet potato spice mix 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Mix well with your hands, then spread out onto baking tray, leaving room for chickpeas.
- Place chickpeas in the same bowl, cover with chickpea spice mix and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Mix well, then place onto tray with sweet potatoes.
- Put tray in oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping sweet potatoes halfway through, and shaking the tray a few times to move the chickpeas around.
- Dress the lettuce with 1/2 tsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. Assemble the rest of the salad ingredients including the roasted sweet potato and chickpeas and serve immediately.
- I used canned chickpeas for this recipe. I rinsed the chickpeas, removed the skins, then laid them on top of paper towel and lightly pat them dry with another piece of paper towel. Try and get the chickpeas as dry as possible - this will help make them crispy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 485 Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 13g Sugar: 10g Protein: 12g