A simple, healthy and refreshing Easy Greek Salad recipe that's ready in five minutes. This salad is loaded with veggies, olives and feta cheese and tossed with a simple and flavourful lemon vinaigrette.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THIS POST IS FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE.
Whilst I love trying new recipes, there are a few recipes that I find myself always coming back to and this Easy Greek Salad right here is one of them!
I almost always have the ingredients on hand, and I love how it comes together in about 5 minutes, which happens to make it my easiest recipe. Perfect for those nights where you just could not be bothered thinking about dinner.
I make my Greek Salad with lettuce, which isn't traditional, but you are an adult and can do whatever you damn well please, so if you want to throw some lettuce in there I’m on board. I think it fills out the salad a little more and gives you a serve of leafy greens which is never a bad thing.
I’d also recommend investing in a good extra virgin olive oil here. Not the cheapest bottle at the supermarket because it was on sale. You can taste the difference and a great oil here will be one of the heroes of the salad.
I usually eat this salad as a meal by itself but if you want to use as a side salad to accompany some protein this would be the perfect amount to be shared between two people. You can also easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
Love Greek food? Try these 7 Easy Greek Recipes the whole family will love!
Did you know? Traditional Greek Salads (Horiatiki) never have lettuce, and use just a splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top as a dressing. They also add feta cheese as a block on top of the salad rather than cubed or crushed.
GREEK SALAD INGREDIENTS LIST
Here's what you need to whip up this super easy Greek salad at home...
- Tomatoes - I love using halved cherry or grape tomatoes in my Greek Salads. If you don't have these on hand, feel free to use large tomatoes (like Roma) cut in wedges.
- Kalamata Olives - If you're having trouble tracking them down in the supermarket, try a mediterranean deli.
- Feta Cheese - There's a bunch of options when it comes to the presentation of Feta Cheese. You can pop a slab on top, cube it or crush it over the salad. Whatever you choose, it'll taste the same!
- Lettuce - As I mentioned earlier, traditional Greek Salads don't have lettuce, but I like to add them in as a great way to bulk up the salad and get more greens in my day. You can omit lettuce entirely if this doesn't sound good to you.
- Red Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
HOW TO MAKE GREEK SALAD - STEP BY STEP
Making this Greek Salad is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Mix the salad ingredients in a jar or small bowl.
- Assemble salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and lightly toss.
STORING GREEK SALAD
You can store any leftover Greek salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
WHAT TO SERVE YOUR GREEK SALAD WITH?
I find Greek Salad pairs well with most things, but make it a complete by pairing it with these delicious Greek recipes:
- Kolokithokeftedes (Greek Zucchini Fritters)
- Greek Lemon Potatoes
- Greek Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Gyros
- Greek Tzatziki
- OR see all Greek Recipes
If you’ve tried this Easy Greek Salad I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- A handful Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ Cucumber, sliced
- ½ Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ Red Onion , thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls Lettuce, I used a 4-leaf mix
- 50 grams / 1.7 oz Feta Cheese
- A handful Kalamata olives, pitted
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and lightly toss.
INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS / SUBSTITUTIONS
- Tomatoes - Feel free to use large tomatoes (like Roma) cut in wedges for this salad.
- Lettuce - You can omit lettuce entirely. I just find that it's a great way to add in some more greens to my day and fills the salad out more.
- Feta - Pop a slab on top, cube it or crush it over the salad.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- First Published April 23, 2018. Last updated January 9, 2019 with new photos and tips. No changes to the recipe.
- Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on one serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 265Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 674mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
★★ HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!