This vegan Chickpea & Kidney Bean Salad is healthy and delicious, and perfect for picnics, BBQs and potlucks. Filled with fresh ingredients including cucumbers, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes, and topped with parsley and a lemon vinaigrette.
This Chickpea & Kidney Bean Salad is inspired by the various bean salads I tried throughout our travels in the Middle East. It's a fresh and filling vegan salad that's filled with good-for-you ingredients.
I've chosen a basic lemon vinaigrette as the dressing which adds a subtle, tangy flavour to the medley of vegetables and beans.
I usually try to leave fresh herbs out of most of my salad recipes since I just hate buying a whole bunch to only use a few leaves. But this salad is the exception as chopped parsley is a worthy addition.
This salad is the perfect side of lamb or beef, or even enjoy it on it's own for an easy take to work lunch.
Here's a sneak peek of what you'll need to make this Middle Eastern Bean Salad at home. Full measurements listed in the printable recipe card below...
- Red Kidney Beans
- Cucumber, Celery Stalks, Cherry Tomatoes andRed Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt + Pepper
💭 TOP TIPS
This salad can be served either cold or at room temperature, making it great for bringing along to picnics, BBQs and potlucks. The salad will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days, so feel free to make ahead.
Canned VS Dry Beans:
I'm all for simplicity and saving time so canned beans work well for me. I just make sure I rinse well before putting in the salad. If you would like to use dry beans instead, go for it!
🥗 MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SALAD RECIPES
- Roast Pumpkin and Chickpea Salad
- Cabbage and Crunchy Noodle Salad
- Easy Greek Salad
- Chickpea Avocado Salad
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Feta Salad
- 35 Easy and Yummy Salad Recipes
- OR see all Salad Recipes
If you’ve tried this Chickpea & Kidney Bean Salad I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below!
- 400 grams / 15 oz Tinned Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 grams / 14.5 oz Tinned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 2 cups Cherry / Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ½ Red Onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- ½ Lemon, juiced, approx 1 tablespoon
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Mix EVOO and lemon in a jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. Taste, season with salt + pepper and shake again.
- Put salad ingredients in a bowl, drizzle dressing on top and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
- Storing - This salad is great served cold or at room temperature, so feel free to make ahead. It will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
- Beans - Feel free to sub for dry equivalent if you don't want to use canned.
- Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on one serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 11gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g