3 ingredients and full of flavour, these healthy Strawberry Banana Popsicles will keep you cool all summer (but let’s face it – you could totally enjoy them year round!)…
One of my most popular recipes so far has been my Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl. I have my theories as to why this is so –
- Everyone loves a smoothie
- The bowl looks pretty
- Banana and Strawberry always go well together
- Simple, healthy and delicious are three boxes that we love to tick
So after experimenting with Strawberry Mango Popsicles recently, I decided to try and find out what would happen if I made this beloved smoothie bowl into popsicle form. And it worked! Well it not only worked – it tasted amazing! And you can totally eat more than one popsicle guilt free, since 1 smoothie makes more than 6 popsicles! I don’t know about you but I find it hard to stop at one treat so this is music to my ears!
Plus, these Strawberry Banana Popsicles fulfil all of my theories as to why readers loved the Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl so much. Ladies and Gentleman, I think we might just have another winner recipe on our hands.
The recipe quantities only slightly differ from the smoothie bowl because I found that when I used that recipe I had too much excess after filling my 6-piece popsicle mould. I also blend the smoothie bowl separately to turn it into a soft serve consistency, but for these popsicles you can just blend all the ingredients together.
Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender
- Spoon mixture into popsicle moulds
- Freeze overnight, or for at least 4 hours
- Enjoy whenever!
- You can sub frozen for fresh fruit.
- If mixture isn’t blending together well, add a little more milk.
- A lot of readers commented that they loved the addition of chia seeds in the Strawberry Mango Popsicles. You can absolutely add chia seeds into these popsicles too without any change to texture!
- You could add in some chunks of strawberries or bananas into the popsicles moulds for some more texture when you are scooping the mixture in.
- If you prefer your popsicles creamier, you could also add some greek yoghurt into the mix, or make the bowl with coconut milk.
- If Strawberry Banana isn’t your jam, try experimenting at home with your favourite smoothie flavours!
Go on, pin it for later… you know you want too!