Deliciously healthy 4 Ingredient Snickers Nice Cream is made with just frozen bananas, peanut butter, almond milk and cocoa powder. It’s also vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free. The after dinner treat you deserve!
I’m going to let you in on a little food photography secret – shooting ice-cream is the worst. Ok maybe that isn’t so secret. I’m sure you’re already well acquainted with ice-cream and how quickly it melts while you’re eating it. Maybe you’ve even tried to grab one of those perfect Instagram shots of your hand holding a cone and immediately regretted it when you worse half of your ice-cream. Either way – you’ve been warned. Trying to take the perfect snap of ice-cream is a recipe for disaster!
Make that a delicious disaster, because you know I’m not letting any of that melty goodness go to waste!
My process usually goes something like this…
First, I have to make sure everything is set up perfectly for the shoot – camera in place, backgrounds sorted, food styling worked out. Because once I grab that ice-cream out of the freezer I’ve got mere minutes to get the perfect shot.
Oh and of course I forgot to pop what I’m placing the ice-cream in / on (think bowls, marble trays) in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to buy me some extra time before it all becomes a puddle. So now I have to delay my shoot for 30 minutes…
Then I’m working in super speed. There’s running and yelling and perhaps a little cursing… and now it’s all a little too melted so it’s time to throw in the towel and sit on the floor having a melty ice-cream party for one. That’s the best bit (obviously).
This is all to say that if you ever see a photo of ice-cream that looks appetising, that photographer deserves a medal!
But enough about photography, we NEED to talk about this delicious snickers nice cream. TRUST ME you’ll wish you had this recipe in your back pocket YESTERDAY.
Now I’m one of those people who is usually very skeptical when in comes to healthy versions of beloved foods. Cauliflower rice? Can’t stand it. Cauliflower pizza base? Blurgh, no thank you. Cauliflower ice-cream? JUST KIDDING… That doesn’t exist (yet). But you get my gist.
Skeptic or not, I generally test all of these fads at least once, if only so I can complain about it with some authority!
But nice cream? Oh that’s a whole different game. I think I actually *prefer* it over regular ice-cream. And that’s saying something considering I’m so addicted to ice-cream I made a special trip to the Ben and Jerry’s factory when I was in Vermont two years ago.
This snickers nice cream is my go-to dessert. I always have the ingredients on hand and let’s face it – it’s much less effort to spend 5 minutes in the kitchen making this than to pop some clothes (read: bra) on and drive to the shop for an ice-cream. Am I right or am I right? Yep – this nice cream is a lifesaver.
Oh and don’t think for a second you can only enjoy this as a dessert either. You could easily make it for breakfast and no one will judge you. In fact, please make it for breakfast. Chocolate for breakfast is what dreams are made of!
Now let’s get cooking…
4 Ingredient Snickers Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk can sub for your choice of milk
- crushed peanuts
- banana slices
- chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients together in a high performance blender or food processor until well combined and consistency is similar to soft serve. Pour into a bowl and serve with your choice of toppings, or as is!
- FROZEN BANANAS - I freeze my bananas into slices which I find make them easier to blend for recipes like this.
- BLENDING - I have a food ninja and I use the large cup instead of the blender attachment as I find this works best for me. If you find that it's not blending well after 2 or 3 rounds, pop a little bit more milk in and blend again.
- SERVING - Nice cream tends to have a soft serve consistency when served straight out of the blender. If you want to have a harder consistency to scoop into cones etc, pop in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- NUTRITION - Is a rough estimate.
LOVE frozen treats without all the sugar / dairy / crap involved? Here’s some other BFH recipes I reckon you’ll adore: