Last Updated on
Deliciously healthy 4 Ingredient Snickers Nice Cream is vegan, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. This chocolate peanut butter frozen treat is perfect for an easy dessert or even breakfast on a hot summer’s day. You will love this healthy ice cream alternative!
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THIS POST IS FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE.
I’m one of those people who is usually very skeptical when in comes to healthy versions of beloved foods. Cauliflower rice? Can’t stand it. Cauliflower pizza base? Blurgh, no thank you. Cauliflower ice-cream? JUST KIDDING… That doesn’t exist (yet). But you get my gist.
Skeptic or not, I generally test all of these fads at least once, if only so I can complain about it with some authority!
But nice cream? Oh that’s a whole different game. I think I actually *prefer* it over regular ice-cream. And that’s saying something considering I’m so addicted to ice-cream I made a special trip to the Ben and Jerry’s factory when I was in Vermont two years ago.
This snickers nice cream is my go-to dessert. I always have the ingredients on hand and let’s face it – it’s much less effort to spend 5 minutes in the kitchen making this than to pop some clothes (read: bra) on and drive to the shop for an ice-cream. Am I right or am I right? Yep – this nice cream is a lifesaver.
Oh and don’t think for a second you can only enjoy this as a dessert either. You could easily make it for breakfast and no one will judge you. In fact, please make it for breakfast. Chocolate for breakfast is what dreams are made of!
WHAT IS NICE CREAM
Nice cream, also known as banana ice cream, is a no churn, dairy-free ice cream that is made using blended frozen bananas as a base. It’s easier and healthier than standard ice cream.
Unlike other frozen fruits that become slushy and icy when blended, blended bananas have a smoother and creamier consistency which resembles soft-serve.
Nice cream, like traditional ice cream, has endless flavour options. Try mixing frozen bananas together with your favourite fruits, or add a spoonful of nut butter.
HOW RIPE SHOULD THE BANANAS BE?
Nice cream is best made with bananas that are fully ripened and just starting to turn brown and spotty. You want them to be sweet and soft.
Have a lot of overripe bananas sitting on the bench? Check out these 12 ripe banana recipes to use up your bunch.
HOW TO FREEZE BANANAS?
First, chop your bananas into bite-sized chunks. Then spread the chunks onto a baking tray and put in the freezer for approximately one hour to flash freeze.
Once chunks are frozen solid, put them in an airtight container or ziplock bag, and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
SNICKERS NICE CREAM INGREDIENTS LIST
One of the reasons I love this recipe so much is that I almost always have the ingredients on hand (as long as I’ve remembered to freeze some bananas!). Here’s what you’ll need – full measurements listed in the printable recipe card below…
- Frozen Bananas
- Unsweetened Cocoa
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Peanuts
- Banana Slices
HOW TO MAKE SNICKERS NICE CREAM – STEP BY STEP
Blend all ingredients together in a high performance blender or food processor until well combined and consistency is similar to soft serve.
Pour into a bowl and serve with your choice of toppings, or as is. That’s it!
CAN YOU STORE NICE CREAM?
You can make nice cream ahead and store for later. Simply pour the nice cream into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer.
Just be mindful that if you are freezing for longer than 2 hours it may become quite hard. If this happens, simply remove the container from the freezer and leave on the counter until the nice cream is soft enough to consume.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
- Mango Popsicles
- BEST ever Chocolate Caramel Slice
- Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Apple Cake
- Healthy Individual Apple Crisps
- OR see all Dessert Recipes
If you’ve tried this Snickers Nice Cream I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk, can sub for your choice of milk
- crushed peanuts
- banana slices
- chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients together in a high performance blender or food processor until well combined and consistency is similar to soft serve. Pour into a bowl and serve with your choice of toppings, or as is!
- FROZEN BANANAS - I freeze my bananas into slices which I find make them easier to blend for recipes like this.
- BLENDING - I have a food ninja and I use the large cup instead of the blender attachment as I find this works best for me. If you find that it's not blending well after 2 or 3 rounds, pop a little bit more milk in and blend again.
- SERVING - Nice cream tends to have a soft serve consistency when served straight out of the blender. If you want to have a harder consistency to scoop into cones etc, pop in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- NUTRITION - Is from a nutrition calculator and is based on one serve.
- UPDATES - First published Sept 18, 2018. Updated Oct 19, 2019 with more photos & tips - no changes to the original recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 318Carbohydrates: 58gFiber: 8gSugar: 30gProtein: 7g