Last Updated on
Erin from The Almond Eater share her favourite quick and healthy breakfast ideas to get you out the door faster on busy mornings. Whether you often skip breakfast or are just looking for some new inspiration, you’ll get so much out of this episode!
Today we’re talking all things breakfast! Breakfast foods are my favourite foods. I wholeheartedly believe no day should ever start without a delicious breakfast and I’ve even been known to indulge in a brinner or two.
On today’s episode I chat to Erin from the food blog, The Almond Eater, who is a fellow breakfast enthusiast and shares her tips for making breakfast time easier.
Erin shares healthy recipes that are both quick and delicious on her blog. She started the Almond Eater back in 2015 and has since developed an even stronger love for both food and food photography. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her walking her dog, drinking an iced latte and/or a margarita, or watching the most recent binge-worthy show on Netflix.
I’ve been following Erin for years now and I knew she was just the right person to call on to share her tips for making breakfast time smoother. You’ll love her tips in this episode.
HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY BREAKFAST WHEN YOU’RE TIME POOR
- Start with something as simple as a three ingredient smoothie when you’re trying to make breakfast time faster.
- Make a big batch of oatmeal or overnight oats and portion it out for the week, or make quick oats in the morning and take them with you to work.
- Try making a quick scrambled eggs on toast before work. This won’t add any more than 10 minutes onto your morning routine and is a great source of protein to fill you up. Leave the washing up until you get home if you’re worried for time.
WHAT TO KEEP STOCKED IN YOUR FRIDGE / FREEZER / PANTRY TO HACK BREAKFAST TIME
- Frozen fruits and vegetables help make quick smoothies. You can even pre-pack them in containers to dump and go on busy mornings.
- Old-Fashioned / Rolled Oats for oatmeal, overnight oats and granola.
- Eggs for scrambling or boiling.
TOOLS THAT HELP YOU GET BREAKFAST READY FASTER
- A good blender is a great investment to make quick smoothies in the morning.
- Mason jars for meal prep for oatmeal / overnight oats.
QUICK BREAKFAST IDEAS
- Coconut Chia Pudding
- Savoury Oatmeal
- Repurpose leftovers – make a big batch of roasted vegetables, eat last night’s dinner for breakfast etc.
7:08 – Making a quick breakfast when you’re time poor
11:40 – What to keep stocked to make a quick breakfast
15:55 – Tools you need
20:50 – Quick breakfast ideas
WHERE TO FIND ERIN
Visit our show page for more episodes!