These pizza pinwheels are an absolute hit as an appetiser or a snack. They’re easy to prepare and simple to customise with your favourite ingredients. They also freeze beautifully, so you can make ahead. You’ll want to make this irresistible pizza pinwheel recipe again and again.
It’s a universal fact that anything pizza related is a winner, so it’s no wonder these Easy Pizza Pinwheels are a crowd favourite whenever they are on offer. These fully loaded cheesy puff pastry bites are full of flavour and truly effortless to prepare.
Pinwheels are fun to make and fun to eat. Plus we all love bite sized food! Feel free to play around with your favourite pizza toppings! You can also double or triple the recipe for a crowd.
Pizza Pinwheels Ingredients List
The best thing about pizza pinwheels are that they are fully customisable. These are the ingredients I use, but feel free to play around with your favourite pizza toppings. Full measurements are listed below…
- Tomato Paste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Puff Pastry
How to Make Pizza Pinwheels – Step by Step
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Place puff pastry sheet on a clean, flat surface and spread tomato paste evenly across the sheet.
- Spread the rest of the toppings over evenly (photo 1), then roll the puff pastry sheet up tightly (photo 2). Use a sharp knife to cut into 10 scrolls (photo 3).
- Place scrolls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or silicone mat (photo 4), then place in oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through completely.
Tip – If you’re making these as an appetiser and want a more elegant look, simply whisk an egg in a bowl and use a pastry brush to lightly brush the outside of each scroll before placing in the oven. This will give them a more golden look.
Can you freeze pinwheels?
Pinwheels are fantastic to freeze! Once pinwheels are cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Can you cook pinwheels from frozen?
Absolutely. Set oven to 180C /350F. Place frozen pinwheels onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through completely.
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SNACK RECIPES
- Halloumi Fries
- Spinach and Feta Pinwheels
- Spinach and Ricotta Rolls
- Easy Bruschetta
- Healthy Pumpkin Scones
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
- OR see all Snack Recipes
If you’ve tried these Pizza Pinwheels I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 2 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 2 strips of Bacon, diced
- 1/4 Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Place puff pastry sheets on a clean, flat surface and spread tomato paste evenly across the sheet.
- Spread the rest of the toppings over evenly, then roll the puff pastry sheet up tightly. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 scrolls.
- Place scrolls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or silicone mat, then place in oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
- Store cooled pinwheels in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheat frozen pinwheels in the oven (180C / 350F) for 10 mins or until cooked through.
- Nutrition information is from a nutrition calculator and is based on one pinwheel.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 79 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 122mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 4g