Last Updated on
This irresistibly healthy Peanut Butter Granola is made with just 6 ingredients and is perfect for mixing up your breakfast routine. Sprinkle on top of yoghurt, smoothies or enjoy a big bowl with your favourite milk!
Who doesn’t love a good granola? I prefer to make my own as I find many store bought brands load theirs up with an unnecessary amount of sugar. I usually whip up a batch of my healthy homemade granola every month or so to mix up my breakfast options. I’m tend to get in a bit of a rut and eat the same things day in and day out!
But after finding FIVE jars of unused peanut butter in my cupboard last week (I’m a sucker for a sale), I decided to try and make a peanut butter version. One bite and I was hooked. In fact, I’ve made this recipe three times in the past week.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler – just 6 ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes without much hands-on time.
What you’ll need:
- Peanut Butter (obvs)
- Rolled Oats
- Coconut Oil
- Rice Malt Syrup / Brown Rice Syrup / Liquid Sweetener of your choice
- Vanilla Extract
This recipe is also easily adapted, so if you want to throw some coconut or chocolate chips in, go right ahead!
Now, let’s get baking…
MORE BREAKFAST INSPIRATION:
- Healthy Homemade Granola
- 25 Quick and Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Pizza-Style Scrambled Eggs
- Banana Maple Steel Cut Oats
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- OR see all Breakfast Recipes
If you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Granola I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes.
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt / brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned / rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- coconut flakes
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160C / 325F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Melt wet ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl, then pour over wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet, spreading out into a thin layer. Place in oven for 20 minutes, stirring half way through. Keep a close eye to make sure it doesn't burn. You'll know it's done when it's golden brown all over and dry to touch.
- Allow to cool fully, then pop in an airtight container and store for up to two weeks (it won't last that long).
- Feel free to sub rice malt syrup for maple syrup, honey etc.
- Feel free to sub coconut oil for your oil of choice.
- If you are adding the coconut flakes, I'd recommend adding them on top of the granola for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- I use peanut butter that's already salted, but if yours isn't, sprinkle a little sea salt into the mixture.
- Nutrition information is based on one serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 168Carbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g