Last Updated on
Debra from DebraKlein.Com shares her tips on how to make healthy eating easier. Learn how to meal plan and prep for success and keep on track when life gets in the way.
Today’s episode is all about how to make healthy eating easier.
I chat to Debra Klein, a health coach, culinary instructor and publisher of the blog DebraKlein.Com. Debra helps women find their own version of healthy that is sustainable within their busy lives.
I know that as the new year approaches many of us start to think more about healthy eating, especially after an overly indulgent season, and Debra has some great simple ideas to get us back on track.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
This week’s recipe of the week is my Healthy Chicken Tacos. If you need a super quick dinner this week give these tacos a go. The chicken is oven baked, which means all you need to do is chop, season and throw it in the oven. Then everyone can assemble their tacos as they wish!
Episode 27 – How to Make Healthy Eating Easier
GET TO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR WHY
- Why is this important to you?
- Why do you want to make a change?
HOW DO WE SET OURSELVES UP FOR SUCCESS
- Make a meal plan that fits in with your reality.
- Make a plan for what you can do when things come up – sickness, running late at work etc.
- Start with planning 2 meals you like for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Things that are tried and true and work for you.
- Make a plan for if you need to eat out.
- Clean your fridge out weekly.
- Keep your cooking spaces clean and free of clutter, including the pantry. Don’t overload it so you have simple things to choose from.
- Focus on what you are going to do, not what you are not going to do.
MEAL PREP IDEAS TO MAKE HEALTHY EATING EASIER
- Prepare a few items that you can mix and match throughout the week – things like roasted vegetables.
- Don’t forget you can make a batch of food that you eat part of now and freeze for later.
WHERE TO FIND DEBRA
Visit our show page for more episodes!