Brandi Crawford, creator of Stay Snatched and the Super Easy Air Fryer Cookbook shares her tips for air frying for beginners. Learn what an air fryer does, common mistakes people make and what recipes are best to try.
Today's episode is all about air fryers!
The air fryer has fast become one of the most popular kitchen appliances around the world. I was curious to find out more about what it does and what we can do with it, so I got Brandi Crawford, author of the Super Easy Air Fryer Cookbook, on to share her wisdom on Air Frying for beginners.
Brandi Crawford is a blogger and the creator of Stay Snatched, a blog that focuses on quick and easy, healthy recipes. Stay Snatched has been featured in Women’s Heath Magazine, Country Living, Shape, Essence, Southern Living, Delish, among other media outlets. Brandi’s goal is to share recipes that support a consistently healthy lifestyle.
Whether you have an air fryer sitting in the cupboard not being used, or you've been debating whether to buy one, you'll get so much out of this episode.
What is an Air Fryer?
- Similar to a small convection oven.
- Has a basket that pulls out which you can fill with food.
- Mechanical fan circulates air around the basket to cook food quickly.
Using Less Oil in the Air Fryer
As opposed to deep frying foods in canola or vegetable oils, you only need to apply a small spritz of olive oil and avocado oil in the air fryer.
How can the Air Fryer help with Meal Prep
- Can roast vegetables easily - asparagus, brussels sprouts, potatoes etc.
- Cook steaks or chicken to cut up and use over the week.
Common Air Fryer Mistakes
- Overloading the Basket - Putting too much food in the basket as this stops food from cooking properly and crisping up. Don't stack food. Cook in batches if you need to.
- Not using enough oil - If you find food isn't browning enough, put a spritz of oil onto the food and it will crisp up.
Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
4:50 - What is an Air Fryer?
7:38 - Using Less Oil in the Air Fryer
8:30 - How Can the Air Fryer help with Meal Prep
9:45 - Common Air Fryer Mistakes
13:10 - Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
WHERE TO FIND BRANDI
Super Easy Air Fryer Cookbook
Visit our show page for more episodes!
Kevin Crepeau says
I would like to know how to cook steak tips and how much at what temp and time, also how to cook Haddock (time and temp)
Thanks Kevin - I got your email and sent you some more info 🙂