New to air frying and unsure where to start? I've put together a free air fryer cooking chart with all the times and temperatures you need to get you started using your air fryer. This chart is the ultimate cheat sheet to cooking in the air fryer - both celsius and fahrenheit temperatures included.
<<<<GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLE AIR FRYER COOKING CHART AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST>>>>
Just got an air fryer and wondering what to do with it? You've come to the right place!
Getting a brand new appliance can be daunting at first but don't let that stop you from getting your air fryer out of the box and putting it to good use immediately. I know it will quickly become your favourite kitchen tool - it sure is mine!
To make your introduction to the air fryer easier I've put together a simple air fryer cooking chart which gives you an easy guide to cooking times and temperatures for popular foods.
You can grab your free printable chart at the end of this post, but if you're new to air frying be sure to read through this post for a little more information on the air fryer and some tips on how to use it.
New to air frying? Be sure to check out the Air Frying for Beginners episode of the Cook It Real Good Podcast.
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that uses convection to rapidly circulate hot air around food to cook and crisp it up. It’s essentially a mini convection oven that fits perfectly on your countertop.
IS AIR FRIED FOOD HEALTHY?
You’ll find air frying recipes require dramatically less (or sometimes no) oil when compared to traditionally fried foods. This makes air frying the healthier option.
WHAT CAN YOU COOK IN AN AIR FRYER?
Basically almost anything you can cook in the oven, you can also cook in the air fryer. My exceptions are stews, casseroles etc but only because my air fryer isn't big enough to fit a large pot.
DO YOU HAVE TO PREHEAT AN AIR FRYER?
You don’t always have to preheat an air fryer but I highly recommend it for most recipes. Adding food into a hot basket goes a long way to making it crisp. Preheating also ensures the temperature and air flow are at the right levels to cook your food to crispy goodness.
Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
Getting started using a new appliance can be daunting so here's a few of my Air Fryer favourites that are great for beginners...
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Roasted Almonds
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Baked Apples
- OR browse through our entire collection of Air Fryer Recipes
AIR FRYER TIPS
- Times will vary depending on your air fryer model and other variables like the size of your cut of meat. Use the suggested times as a rough guide to get you started.
- Always preheat the basket either through a preheat setting or running the air fryer on the temp specified for what you are cooking.
- Only use a little oil. You really don't need much.
- Don't overload the basket. Fries, tater tots etc can overlap but for meats make sure they are in a single layer.
- Shake the basket regularly for even cooking, or if cooking a protein be sure to flip it half way through.
- When cooking something for the first time check on it 5 mins before the time specified to see how it's tracking.
- You can use oven-safe accessories, like silicone muffin cups, as well as aluminium foil & baking paper (as long as they are weighed down so they don't fly up).
- Invest in a meat thermometer - takes out the guess work and will help you ensure meat is cooked prior to carving!
Enjoy cooking and experimenting in your Air Fryer! If you love chatting about all things air frying be sure to join our Facebook Group – Air Fryer Fun.